- Serving ages three through kindergarten
- Families of three and four year olds you may choose 3 to 5 mornings, plus optional afternoons. Morning hours are 8:30 to noon, with extended days offered to 3 p.m. Extended afternoons for three and four year olds are filled with art and music and movement.
- Kindergarten is part of the mixed age group in the mornings giving the kindergarten children the opportunity to be leaders and helpers. Kindergartners meet as their own group in the afternoon until 3 p.m.
- Wednesday dismissal is at noon for all Primary children.
- Aftercare available M – F until 5:30 p.m. beginning with the 2013-14 school year.
- Montessori credentialed teachers using a full complement of Montessori materials in beautiful classrooms.
- An emphasis on hands-on exploration following each child’s interests, learning style and pace.
- A balanced focus of promoting independence and concentration while learning friendship skills and the joys of feeling part of a harmonious group.
- Curricular areas include Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, Geography and Cultural studies, Science and the Arts.
In the Primary program children are exposed to individual, small group, and large group activities that allow them to build their minds, strengthen their bodies, and expand their hearts. The teachers work as guides to help each individual child progress at a comfortable pace. The children are excited, self-motivated and engaged.
A peek into a Primary classroom mid-morning might reveal two children peeling and cutting vegetables as part of the group’s snack, an older child reading to a younger one, a child building her own story with the movable alphabet, children counting together into the thousands, others creating their own art and music, while yet another waters the plants that he noticed were dry.
The children develop a deep sense of ownership of their own learning and create strong and lasting bonds with their classmates.