- Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 8:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Wed: 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
About The Program
- Children ages 6–10 years old.
- Holistic approach
- Extensive curriculum building academic skills and encouraging exploration
- Frequent field trips including 2 overnight activities
- Emphasis on classroom community building and respectful group problem solving
- Service learning projects
- Instruction by trained teachers in small group lessons
Our Montessori elementary program integrates a multi-faceted curriculum that includes the subjects of biology, botany, geography, geology, music, art, math, language, and geometry. All of these areas are framed by Montessori’s theme of cosmic education presented through what are termed the five great lessons. Dynamic presentations of these stories spark the elementary child’s imagination and stimulate further research.
The elementary program also recognizes and supports the particular social needs of children at this developmental stage. Through collaborative problem solving, children develop the qualities necessary for leadership including empathy, respect for differences, responsibility, self-confidence, and satisfaction based on internal rather than external rewards. During an extended work block students have the opportunity to move freely in the classroom and learn to make appropriate choices within a supported structure.
We invite you to arrange a visit and come see us in action!